4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eavesdropping, Choking, and Hand Holding

Tonight I got to hang out with a very special friend. This is her...














Sara and I have been friends since the summer before 8th grade, when she decided to eavesdrop on my conversation at camp. See, sometimes eavesdropping has it benefits :) So tonight I'm rejoicing in the fact that Sara is nosy. hehe


For some reason, suddenly our moms have also become very close. Now there is nothing wrong with this, it's just funny that it's happened about 15 years into our friendship. But, since that is the case, tonight we had a double date with our moms and grandma tagged along too.

We went to dinner and then to this cool theater that shows old movies once a month and saw "7 Brides for 7 Brothers." It was wonderful. Except for the part where I swallowed a peanut m-n-m whole. I rejoice in the fact that I didn't die and also that I was able to provide Sara with a good laugh (our moms had ditched us for the "good" seats since we got there too late. Apparently 1/2 an hour isn't early enough). I also sat next to Grandma and she held my hand the entire movie. At the end of the movie she said to me, "I bet you've never held anyone's hand for that long." Now, as much as the truth of that statement hurts, I'm rejoicing in the fact that Grams is still around for me to hold her hand and for her to say stuff like that :)

2 comments:

  1. grandmas say stuff like that.

    we were driving across the country moving my grandmother closer to us from Kentucky. Grandma looked at her boobs. then at mine. then at hers. then at mine....... and said, quite matter-of-factly, "I don't know how you nursed babies with those little things when I couldn't nurse babies with mine."

    1. Yes, my grandma was checking out my (apparent lack of a) rack.
    2. Yes, my grandma just called me flat chested.
    3. Yes, the nurses at the NICU said I could have nursed twins no problem.
    4. Yes, I may have said, "I guess it all depends on the size of your heart, not the size of your breasts."
    5. Yes, that was probably not the most appropriate response.
    6. Yes, my smart mouth is STILL getting me in trouble.

    Glad you had fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. love it wendy. if only i was as witty as you :)

    ReplyDelete