4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

29 and counting...or is it holding?

So tonight I rejoice in the chance to celebrate 29 great years of life and the promise that the Lord will continue to lead me and guide me through the next 29 and then some. I have quite a few things to rejoice in about the great day as well.

I'll start with a great gift from my sister Rebecca. She got me the cutest outfit, complete with accessories. Those who know me know that I definitely find accessories worth rejoicing in:) She also went in with me on buying this amazing cd that came out today...
So, so good. Can't tell you how many times I've already listened to it today. I rejoice in the fact that I am confident that someday I will have the kind of love talked about on this cd. For more info on it, check this out Tyrone and Elina.

Next I rejoice in my amazing mommy and the chance to spend birthday lunch with her. Check out our order number on our receipt, from this great place called The Habit, which I've been wanting to try for awhile now...
Who can tell me why it's special???

Here we are waiting for our yummy lunch
Mom convinced me I should spend the night last night, "so I wouldn't be alone on my birthday", so I spent most of the day at her house. Late afternoon I headed home so I could get ready and then head over to my great friends, the Martinez's. We didn't do a big dinner or anything with my fam because I am going to the Rascal Flatts concert in a couple weeks with my mom and sisters. You can bet I'll be rejoicing that night:) The Martinez fam blessed me with a yummy dinner and an even yummier cake (yes, I broke my no sweets fast, birthdays are the time for things like that). Here's a few fun pics from the night.
So good!

Love those girls so much! Lissette also blessed me with an amazing gift of 3 candles/candle accessories and 2 super cute shirts. That girl is seriously one of the most generous people I know and generosity is definitely worth rejoicing in! 


I also rejoice in the hour+ conversation I had with my baby sister to end the evening (that's why this is posting after midnight. haha). Gosh I miss that girl. I think our phone chat was her lil gift to me. And it was a good one!

Lastly I rejoice in the promise of this verse...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

There are many, many things about my life about which I feel quite uncertain and in many ways a birthday is as good a time as any to freak out about those things. But, I'm not going to do that. I am going to rejoice in the fact that every single moment of my existence is in the hands of my Lord and Savior. He knows what he's doing. May the next year of my life and many more after that be a reflection of Him and His great majesty. Thank you Lord for blessing me with life, 29 years ago...

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Becca's outfit gift to you looks SO cute! good job Becca. and I want to try the Habit soon I think you told me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I just bought that CD and am SOOOOO excited - I didn't even know it existed and Matt & I are HUGE fans of Tyrone - I just bought it for Matt - he'll be excited - so thanks for sharing! Glad you had a GREAT birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete