4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sister Adventures and An Increase In Knowledge

Tonight I'm rejoicing in the fact that my brother getting married meant I got not one but three new sisters. No matter what people, including our brothers, say, the Jones and Gallina girls have decided that we are all sisters now :)

So today we had a sister adventure. Our wonderful Jessica, who I will admit is the true link in all of this, planned out an adventurous day down to timing and options and sent it out to all of us a few days ago. We thought today would be a good day to head out to Riverside so that those of us who haven't could see Rachel and Ashley's dorms in addition to Rebecca seeing Rachel and Ashley since she just got home and they didn't come home this weekend. The morning started with Starbucks, of course:) Gosh I'm thankful for gift cards! Those are worth rejoicing in too. After our much needed Starbucks run, Jessica, Emily, Bec, and I headed out to Cal Bap. We all met up at Rachel's apartment around 9:30 and spent some time there just hanging out, meeting her roomies, Bec sharing some of her fun stories, and getting the news that Rachel won an IPad! That's worth rejoicing in too. I'm sure I'll get some opportunities to play around on that :) From there we headed to Ashley's dorm for a quick peek at it. By this time we were ready for lunch so we started our Riverside adventure at In-n-out, per Bec's request of course. The things we miss when away. Here's a few pics from that...
Attractive I know


From lunch we headed to antiquing and thrifting which included some of this...
I rejoicing in the ability to look ridiculous and laugh at yourself.

I also saw this which I thought was a PERFECT description of the goal of my blog. It wasn't worth buying but was definitely worth taking a picture of... 
 After some fun shopping we headed back to CBU for a bit more hanging out and some fun picture taking. We took quite a few but thought I'd just give you a quick sampling. Em and I enjoyed the fountain. I rejoice in simply having that girl in my life!
We also took this picture...
As a replica of this picture (though I see that we did it backwards)...
I think a majority of us would agree that we've all improved in the last 5 years. Maybe getting older isn't so bad after all :)

All in all it was a super fun and bonding day. I would stop there but feel I should also rejoice in the opportunity to attend a service at Eastside Christian Church and hear from a panel of different religious leaders. I thought the evening was presented very well and greatly enjoyed learning more about other religions, in order to be more fully equipped when speaking to them or of them. I also rejoice in the fact that the truth of God's word is so clearly evident (for me at least) and the promise that God's truth will prevail.

Last but not least, for those that noticed, yes, I did not blog last night. I simply forgot and did not remember until sometime this morning. Fyi, if I would have blogged, I would have rejoiced in hanging out with my cute lil baby second cousin and in spending an evening with good friends look at beautiful jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment