4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Saturday, January 1, 2011

12 x 12

So if you know me well at all, you know that 2010 was not the greatest of years for me. So, that being the case, I am very excited to embark on a new year and I rejoice in the chance for fresh starts and new beginnings.

As a sort of "resolutions" I have made a list of 12 things I would like to accomplish by 2012. I thought that was a cool way to do it, though I do have to admit, I stole the idea from Jonathan Acuff, who blogged about a similar concept here. I'm thinking he probably stole the idea from someone else though, so it's totally fine :)

Below are the 12 things I hope to accomplish by the end of this year. If you are personally a part of my life, feel free to hold me accountable to any or all of these.

1.     Fall back in love with my Savior
2.     Memorize the book of James
3.   Share the basics of the truth of God's love and the free gift of salvation with the 8 people God has laid on my heart
4.      Finish school at Biola and graduate with honors
5.     Eat right, by shopping here, and exercise regularly here, in order to lose at least 15 pounds and look amazing at my sister's wedding
6.     Read at least 24 books
7.     Be in the process of obtaining a full time job that is ministry oriented
8.     Make at least one new recipe a month
9.     Write Tania, the child I sponsor through Compassion International, at least once a month
10.  Go on at least two trips, one being a road trip, to somewhere I've never been before
11.  Work hard to be successful at Premier Designs
12.  See a Broadway musical, preferably Wicked

I'm super excited to look back a year from now and see how each of these panned out. I rejoice in the knowledge that the Lord has every step of my life in His hand and the promise that he works all things out for good for those who love him. It's going to be a great year! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Just kidding. I'll give you more than that! :)

    I'm super impressed with your goal to memorize James. My goal is to memorize a chapter each month, but just random chapters throughout the Bible. Maybe 5 (or is is 6?) of my 12 chapters should be in James and then we can do it together. :)

    Good luck on #9. I failed miserably at that for years.

    And I know a good place for one of those trips... Oh! Idea! You can drive to the middle of Texas and meet us on our way to CA and drive back with us. I suppose that's probably more road trip than you were looking for, huh? And not very exciting.

    Anyway, good goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you pretty much accomplish anything that you put your mind to...things that you can control that is....so i will lovingly ask you about it from time to time...proud of you and love you

    ReplyDelete