4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Testament

Yes, I know it didn't blog last night. But I have a good reason. I had my first show with Premier Designs! It went really well. But that was after having worked at Banana earlier in the day. So, needless to say I was exhausted when I got home. I went straight to bed. And didn't even think about my blog. Until I was just about asleep...but by then it wasn't worth getting up. I rejoice in the existence of grace and the fact that I don't "owe" anyone a blog post every single day:)

But, on to today. I started a new Bible class with Bold. New Testament. At 8 in the morning on a Saturday. And the teacher was late. Now all of those things might seem like things I would not rejoice in. But, the grand thing is, none of that matters in comparison. The teacher is seriously soooo good. He is a pastor at The Fields Church down in Carlsbad and is seriously passionate about the word of God. And it shows in his teaching! He started with some of the basics of inspiration and composition of the New Testament and such, along with some of the important aspects of studying the Bible. I'm so excited to get into the meat of the New Testament next week. I'm sure there will be quite a few things I already know, but hearing it from a fresh perspective, from someone who knows what they are talking about and is excited about what they are talking about, is always good. And, I know there are still tons of things I have left to learn so that will be awesome too! My teacher is also a dad to six kids, so that may have had a tiny bit to do with why I liked him so much:) Either way though, I rejoice once again in the opportunity I have to attend such a great school and to learn from so many smart, well educated, passionate teachers. Ones who are also genuinely interested in my life and regularly want to know how they can pray for me. Oh, and in my teacher's defense, he wasn't actually late. We just met in a room, in a building, on a campus that he wasn't used to meeting in.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know. I think maybe you do owe me a blog post everyday. I mean, otherwise you've got some false advertising going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound so excited and you make me want to go be a visitor in your classroom.. I am glad you are lovin it.

    ReplyDelete