4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:4-9

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Les Miserables, et al.

Blogger was NOT cooperating last night. That's why I didn't post. Don't worry, you didn't miss much. I was just going to talk about homework, in an attempt to have a good attitude:)

Today was a long but full day. It started with class early in the morning. I headed to class super excited for another session with one of the best teachers I've had so far, learning about the most important book in the world, God's word. But instead, I walked in to find a substitute teacher, who also happened to be the worst teacher I've had during my entire time in Bold. Thankfully, I had two good friends sitting next to me in class. I rejoice in great friends and classmates helping you survive a not so great class.

After class I headed home for a quick lunch and to change into cooler clothes (80 degree weather in Jan. Who knew?). Then I headed back to Biola to watch the BYT production of Les Miserables, which both my brothers and my dear, sweet Emily are in. Upon arriving at at our seats with my great friend Ann, to see other people sitting in what we thought were "our seats" we discovered that I had somehow purchased the tickets for next week show. Way to go me. However, with the help of the wonderful house manager at BYT, (who, as a side note, has no idea what my first name is but definitely knows I'm a "Jones", resulting in her always calling me "Miss Jones") we were able to switch out our tickets for some not much further back from what we thought were our original seats. And boy am I glad we did. The show was so good! My "baby" brothers did an amazing job as Brujon and Montparnasse, members of Thenardier's gang, along with a variety of other roles, resulting in costume changes every few minutes. I seriously think they wore at least five different costumes each today. Emily was the most beautiful girl up there and had a huge smile on her face the entire time (except when she wasn't supposed to of course). The story of Les Mis is just so great and I absolutely loved the show! I can't wait to see it again with the whole fam next weekend! I rejoice in the blessing of great entertainment, along with the power of words and music to portray a compelling story. I also rejoice in great time spent with my amazing friend Ann!

The evening ended with yummy dinner at friends from church's house. I rejoice in people who want to bless two single young ladies.

Like I said, a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment